Sunday, November 16, 2008

stuck in bumfuck

its usually "Bumfuck, Iowa", but in this case, its "Bumfuck, North Carolina".

kidding. but please never ever:
- take US Airways
- book yourself in the Days Inn Charlotte Airport Coliseum

bad weather on the East Coast caused my flight out of New York to be delayed, and also causing me to miss my connecting flight to Houston from Charlotte. maybe it wasn't totally the airline's fault, but docking me $15 for my checked bag, not offering me alternative accommodations, and basically not being able to help me out causes me to be leery of them.

the situation was compounded by a bad decision on which hotel to stay the night, and made even worse by not being booked in the place i was thinking of. so instead of being near the Charlotte public transport system (which would have taken me to downtown in half an hour), i'm waaaaaaaaay out in the boondocks.


so the only decent place to have a meal for someone who doesn't drive (like me) and a cheapskate (like me) is at the end of several high-volume roads with hurtling tons of metal.


you can easily trace how i got from point A to point B. by walking.

on the bright side, the Panthers won.
the bad thing is i wasn't outside the Bank of America stadium when it happened.

on the brighter side, Cracker Barrel had nice and cheap meals. the Sunday Homestyle Chicken hits the spot.

then Jax has Tennessee on the ropes. until i was finishing this post. see ya later.

No comments: